“We eat to live, ” or I should rather say “we live to eat.” It is no surprise that a good number of people swear by the latter and prove the same through their actions. Abscess tooth is an infection around the root of the tooth, which in many cases is severely painful. We don’t have any measure to take to avoid this problem, but we surely have certain home remedies for abscess tooth which are completely natural and offer a certainty of success along with saving a lot of money.
10 Amazing Home Remedies For Abscess Tooth
The “Junk Food” has taken a toll on the health of our bodies, stomach, and not just that but our teeth as well. Many people have been suffering from many dental issues and children as young as four or five years have cavities. The problems have been on the rise, and the cause is pretty obvious. One such issue is the case of abscess tooth. However, here are the ten best home remedies home remedies for abscess tooth that are of great help.
1. Using Clove Oil Or Sticks
Cloves are one of the most effective home remedies for abscess tooth. It has been in use since earlier times and has great pain alleviating properties. It has several antibacterial and analgesic properties, and it helps to reduce inflammation and soreness in the gums.
- You can use clove sticks. Remove the upper ball like structure and keep the stick on the affected tooth. Keep on chewing to release the oils which consist of the main active ingredient. You can rinse the mouth with water after a few minutes.
- You can also use clove oil which is easily available in the market and is very beneficial. Dip a cotton ball into the oil and place it on the tooth which hurts. This should be done for a few minutes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is usually used in face packs and other kinds of products made to enhance the beauty and improve skin. This, in fact, is an equally good abscess tooth home remedy. Abscess tooth problem occurs due to infection and bacteria, and Apple Cider Vinegar is a great disinfectant which disinfects the area and reduces inflammation of gums.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water. Gargle this solution for 2 -3 minutes.
- Care should be taken not to swallow it. This process can be repeated in a day for two or three times.
It has amazing anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is usually employed as an abscessed tooth home remedy. It helps in preventing the infection from spreading.
- Take a clove of garlic and put it between the teeth. Chew it until the pain starts to reduce.
- Spit it out and rinse the mouth with warm water.
- Garlic oil can also be used. It should be rubbed on the affected tooth.
- These remedies should be repeated twice or thrice every day.
Sometimes, its smell can persist so either some mouth freshener can be used or you can apply a drop or two of the clove oil in warm water use it for rinsing purpose.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda
This remedy for abscessed tooth treatment can kill the infection causing bacteria and help reduce the pain to a great extent. It improves oral health and helps to whiten yellow teeth. It should be taken in carefully with measured amounts to prevent any side effects.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Make a paste.
- Apply this on the tooth and let it stay for a few minutes. Rinse the mouth with warm water properly. This can be repeated twice or thrice a week.
5. Oil Pulling
It sounds quite weird, but in such an unpredictable world, this is a method that many people have used and sung praises of its benefits and effects. It is an Ayurvedic practice, which helps to reduce the bacteria in the mouth. It improves the oral health.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil in the mouth and swish it for about fifteen minutes.
- It should not be swallowed. Rinse mouth with warm water later.
6. Ice Cubes
They are very commonly used and can give relief from pain the very instant they are applied. Though, people with sensitive gums should take care before using the ice cubes. It might cause some other problems.
- Wrap the ice cubes with a soft cloth. Press it outside the mouth near the affected tooth or area. Do this for ten to fifteen minutes.
7. Warm Salt Water
Salt is helpful in reducing the pain and inflammation of gums. It also prevents the infection from spreading to other areas of the mouth. It is the simplest of all the home remedies for abscess tooth.
- Mix one or two teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water. Rinse the mouth with it. Repeat it as and when required.
8. Oregano Oil
It helps to increase the immunity and has many anti-oxidants. It has several anti-fungal and antibacterial properties as well which contribute towards easing pain.
Oregano Oil drops can be applied to the affected area.
- Rub it on the tooth to ease out the pain and you can have relief from it or take about a 1/2 cup of warm water and mix 4-5 drops of the oil. Rinse the mouth with the solution.
It has been an important ingredient not just in food, but in methods used to treat various infections. It can be used to treat tooth pain as well. It has many anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric to water and make a paste.
- Apply it to the tooth by fingers or a cotton swab. Repeat as many times you want.
10. Herbal Or Black Tea Bags
Tea is one of the best home remedies for abscess tooth because it contains astringents which absorb toxins and clears away the infection. It reduces swelling and soreness also.
- Apply a used tea bag on the infected tooth before going to sleep and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, rinse mouth with any disinfectant solution. Repeat regularly.