If you are suffering from a while foul-smelling discharge from your vagina and there is a pain, redness and burning sensation in the genitourinary tract, then you are suffering from a problem called bacterial vaginosis or BV. There are many good and bad bacteria’s in the vagina but when the number of bad bacteria’s increases and there is an imbalance, it leads to Bacterial Vaginosis. It mainly affects the women at the childbearing age.
Many women often perceive this bacterial infection as another yeast infection and treat it in the wrong way which increases the problem even further. Bacterial Vaginosis tends to affect majority of the women at a point in their lives, though few are completely clueless about the condition. For treatment, there are some of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, which are discussed below.
10 Home Remedies For Bacterial Vaginosis
Experts have been not able to identify the exact bacteria’s which lead to this problem but certain factors such as having more than one sex partner, a new sex partner, excessive smoking, and drinking. There are many home remedies for bacterial vaginosis to help you to fight the infection and here are few of them
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best treatment for BV, as it has an acidic nature which creates such an environment that is not suited for the bad bacteria and hence they, perish slowly, and the good ones can easily grow in this acidic environment.
- Add 2-3 cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath water.
- Sit in this water for about twenty minutes.
- Gently pat and dry your vaginal area.
- Repeat this process once daily to get quick and desired results.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies for bacteria vaginosis. If you are thinking how to cure BV naturally then tea tree oil is the answer. It contains anti-fungal and antibacterial components that help in killing the bacteria’s which are not good. It also minimizes the odor that is common with BV.
- Just add a few drops of tea tree oil in warm water.
- Stir it to get a solution.
- Use this solution twice a day to rinse your vagina until the symptoms persist.
This super food is also the best treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis, as it is an antibiotic and an antifungal too.
- Crush four to five garlic cloves and apply it on the infected area.
- Leave it for about twenty minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once in a day until the symptoms start to disappear.
Eating garlic daily also helps in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis.
Fenugreek helps to restore the pH balance and boosts the immune system to fight BV. This is one of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
- It can be used by soaking fenugreek seeds overnight in water and then drink this water in the morning empty stomach.
- This should be repeated daily for a month to get the best results.
- Alternatively, mix a teaspoon of fenugreek powder mixed in a cup of yogurt and then eat this twice daily for several days to cure Bacterial Vaginosis.
The lactobacillus bacteria present in the milk makes it an excellent cure for Bacterial Vaginosis. It can be used by dipping a tampon in chilled milk and then inserting it into the vagina for about an hour or so. This process needs to be repeated twice a day till there are visible results.
6. Goldenseal Herb
The herb is full of properties that boost the immunity system. It helps to fight the bad bacteria present in the vagina and helps in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis.
- The herb can be made into a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area twice a day to get desired results.
- Alternatively, boil the herb in water and cool it.
- Rinse the affected area with this solution twice a day till symptoms persist.
7. Coconut oil
The coconut oil is full of antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral compounds that help in not only preventing BV but also prevents it from coming back too. It can be used as a cooking medium to boost the immunity system. A tampon soaked in coconut oil and inserted into the vagina for about two hours also gives the desired results. The process should be repeated once in a day till symptoms persist.
8. Margosa Leaves (Neem Leaves)
This is another best treatment for BV as it helps to fight the infection.
- Crush a handful of these wonderful leaves in some water to form a paste and apply it on the vagina. Leave it for some time. Repeat this twice a day for relief from the swelling and pain caused by BV.
9. Citrus fruits
Eating or drinking juices of citrus fruits such as oranges, grapes, etc. helps to cure the BV as they create an acidic medium which resists the growth of bad bacteria. They are full of Vitamin C that strengthens the immune system which helps to keep away all sorts of infections.
This magical ingredient is one of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. The lactobacillus bacteria present in yogurt helps in maintaining the pH balance of the vaginal area and helps to fight bacteria. Wash it after half an hour with cold water. Repeat it thrice a day until the symptoms start to disappear. Eating yogurt daily also helps in restoring the pH balance.
- You can even dip the tampon in the yogurt.
- Place it in the vaginal area for a few hours.
- Repeat this process until the symptoms disappear.
Next time you see the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis and are struck with the question how to cure it naturally then these home remedies for bacterial vaginosis is sure to provide you with an answer to your questions. They are safe and are easily affordable, but if the problem persists for a long time it is better to consult the doctor as soon as possible